After celebrating all the winners at the 2023 Bayview Mackinac Race Awards last Friday, it’s a quick turnaround to open registration for the 100th Bayview Mackinac Race Presented by National Fleet Services, starting on July 20, 2024! We are opening registration early this year to allow more time for Boat Owners to consider and plan for participating in this historic event.
The 2024 Notice of Race (NOR) has been posted on the website. Please read the entire document. Notable changes include the following:
- One-Design Classes and Application Deadline – See Chart in Section 1.1, Section 2.1.m. and Section 17.1.c.
- ORC/GLMRA Rating Deadlines – See Chart in Section 1.1, Section 5
- Minimum Boat Liability Insurance – See Section 7.4.
- Original 1925 Course – See Section 11.1
Other race documents, including the Bayview Mackinac Race Safety Equipment Requirements (SERs), will be added to the official race website as they become available. Notifications will be sent out as race documents are added to the website.
While we expect a record turnout for the 100th Race, we remain limited to the number of boats that can be docked on Mackinac Island. We expect to dock around 220 boats on Mackinac Island after the Race, depending on the water levels. As a result, BYCMACK will provide post-race docking at one of the following:
1) Mackinac Island State Harbor (slips or rafted)
2) Arnold Freight Coal Dock (broadside or rafted)
3) St. Ignace Municipal Harbor (slips)
4) Straits State Harbor in Mackinaw City (slips)
Boat Owners who have entered a boat and competed in at least one prior Bayview Mackinac Race or have previously submitted a Race Information Request (‘RIR’) and provided all additional information required on the website may expect to receive an invitation to register from the Race Committee via e-mail if approved (Invited Competitors).
If you are a first-time or returning Boat Owner entering a new boat, you must create a new race application by submitting an RIR on the Competitors tab of the race website. Once you submit an RIR, you will be provided a login and password to the race website to provide additional information. The Race Committee will review the information provided; you will receive an invitation to register from the Race Committee via e-mail if approved (Invited Competitors).
Since docking assignments will be granted to boats in the order of paid registration, to make it fair for everyone, this is the plan:
Sunday, October 1, 2023, @ 12:00 p.m. (Noon) EST– The race website (www.bycmack.com) opens to all Boat Owners to verify website access and update information. Please make sure your ID and password word work. Please make sure your e-mail and cell phone number are correct. You will NOT be able to register your boat on the 1st.
Saturday, October 7, 2023, @ 12:00 p.m. (Noon) EST – Invited Competitors will receive their invitation via e-mail to register for the Race.
Sunday, October 8, 2023, @ 12:00 p.m. (Noon) EST – The Boat Owner access on the race website opens for pre-registered Invited Competitors to register. The list of pre-registered Boat Owners can be found on the race website under the Competitors tab.
Sunday, October 15, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m. (Noon) EST – The Boat Owner access on the race website opens for all Invited Competitors to register.
- It is incumbent on the Boat Owner to test and ensure they have access before their registration window opens.
- The Race is NOT responsible for registration access problems after registration opens. If you experience any issues, please get in touch with the Race Administrator, Melissa Wenzler, at email@example.com.
- If an Invited Competitor pays the Entry Fee by Credit Card or BYC Club Charge, they will be immediately shown as registered.
- If an Invited Competitor pays the Entry Fee by check, their registration will show as registered once payment has been received and cleared.
- All race entry requirements are due by June 1, 2024, at 1700 hours. The requirements are listed in the NOR Section 7.5.
Added resources for the Race can be found under the Competitors Tab on the race website, www.bycmack.com. There’s a list of local ambassadors ready to answer your questions about the Race and a list of launching resources for boats traveling to the area. Other resources will be added as they become available.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me throughout the next year!
Race Chair, 2024 Bayview Mackinac Race Presented by National Fleet Services