June 28, 2022
Race Chair Communication #12
Further to the June 27th notice discussing rated configuration.
• This applies to all aspects of a boat.
• This does not just apply to the crew weight, as discussed yesterday
• Boats rated with roller furlers have additional limitations on sail inventory under the ORC Rule.
• The Cruising Class rules are intended to limit sails, not provide a vehicle to expand a sail inventory after declaring a more restrictive configuration on a boat’s certificate.
• Boats rated with roller furlers or any other declared restriction which serves to improve a boat’s rating must conform to the rated configuration. The Cruising Rules do not allow a boat that is rated for a roller furling to use any additional sails beyond that specifically allowed under the ORC rule.
It is the responsibility of the boat owner or PIC to ensure the boat complies with the configuration listed on your certificate.
Chair, 2022 Bayview Mackinac Race
These communications are unofficial and informal. They are intended to provide information quickly and efficiently. This communication does not replace the NOR or SI’s; they are the “Official” documents.