January 20, 2023
Race Chair Communication #2
Cruising Class Rules
The Cruising Class Rules for the 2023 Bayview Mackinac Race have been posted on the official race website (www.bycmack.com). Please note that the 12-inch limitation pertaining to setting the tack of a spinnaker to a tackpoint or line attached to a block mounted forward of the forestay has been removed from the Cruising Class Rules for the 2023 Race. However, if a boat chooses to exercise this option, it is responsible for reporting the dimension of its spinnaker tack point (TPS) when applying for its ORC rating certificate.
2023 Race Registration
- The race website (www.bycmack.com) is now open for access verification. You will NOT be able to register your boat until Saturday, January 21st, at 12:00 pm (Noon) EST. You can test and make sure your ID and password work and review the 2023 NOR. I encourage everyone to test it especially if you haven’t entered the race in several years. If you experience any problems, please email Melissa at Melissa@byc.com. If you are entering a new boat, you must create a new record for the race by completing the form under Race Invitation Request under the Competitors tab on the website. You will be sent a login and password to create a new record.
- Saturday, January 21, 2023, at 12:00 pm (Noon) EST – The race website opens for registration.
- The race is NOT responsible for registration access problems after registration opens.
- If you choose to pay your entry fee by check, your boat will not show on the registered list until Bayview Yacht Club receives and clears your payment. Assuming the payment clears the registration, the paid registration order will be established based on the time you authorized payment. This ensures your spot in line is held while payment clears.
- You will be immediately shown on the registered list with payment made by PayPal or BYC Club Charge.
- You will not be shown as registered until payment is made.
Pink Pony Comes to Bayview – TONIGHT – Friday, January 20, 2023
Come and celebrate that we’re halfway to the 2023 Mackinac Race! The Pink Pony is bringing the party to Bayview, turning the Club into a Detroit version of the Pink Pony for the day! They’re bringing their staff, shirts, and even the Pink Pony in a display case for photo ops! A full dinner menu is available with specials. Tito’s and Labatt’s drink specials and live music will be in the Regatta Bar from 8 – 11 p.m.
Call BYC to make your dinner reservations at 313-822-1853.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Chair, 2023 Bayview Mackinac Race
Please Note: These communications are unofficial and informal. They are intended to provide information quickly and efficiently. This communication does not replace the Notice of Race or Sailing Instructions, which are the “Official” documents.