May 11, 2020 - Race Communication
This is not a formal NOR amendment as we are still working with US Sailing on some small housekeeping changes that apply when using virtual marks and automated finishing. We are hoping that we will have the final input on the wording in a few days and will incorporate it into an NOR change along with this Refund Policy as an amendment #2.
2020 Entry Fee Policy
Due to the current uncertainty associated with the COVID-19 Virus, the 2020 Bayview Mackinac Race has updated its refund policy by amending the Notice of Race section 7.4(c) as stated below. Please note:
- This amended policy is for the 2020 Bayview Mackinac Race only and instituted solely due to uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 Virus and as a benefit to competitors in these unprecedented times.
- 2020 entry fees applied to 2021 Bayview Mackinac Race may not cover the entire 2021 Entry Fee. The yacht would be responsible for remaining fees, if any, per the 2021 Race NOR.
- A cash refund, or option to apply entry fee to a different race, is not available.
- June 12, 2020 is the cutoff date for receipt of email due to logistical demands (supplier commitments based on participants, class splits, etc.)
Section 7.4 (c) is deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
If a yacht, which has entered and paid 100% of its entry fee by June 1, 2020, wishes to withdraw its entry in the 2020 Bayview Mackinac Race, and does so by informing the Race Chairman (email@example.com) and Race Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 12, 2020, the full 2020 entry fee paid shall be applied toward the entry fee of the 2021 Bayview Mackinac Race.
In addition, a boat's entry fee will be refunded if it becomes impossible to legally conduct the race due to COVID-19 restrictions or the following resources are unavailable for the majority of the fleet:
- Dockage in Port Huron on the evening of July 10, 2020
- Dockage after the finish
- Commercial access to the finish location
If the race can be run, and the Race Committee starts the race there will be no refund for those registrants that chose not to participate if they have failed to notify their election to withdraw by June 12th as noted above.