Bayview Mackinac Race - Update - July 8, 2020
Current items to update everyone on.
- The race is NOT canceled
- Reminding everyone to keep your tracker on and do not block its view of the sky for long periods of time. This means DO NOT put it in the trunk of your car or down below in your boat for a long time!! We get a report from Yellowbrick and we will know if it is tracker error or operator error.
- It is the Boat Owner's or PIC's responsibility to make sure the tracker is mounted on the boat in compliance with the requirements of the NOR and SI's.
- It is the Boat Owner's or PIC's responsibility to make sure the tracker is functioning after you pick up the tracker.
- Please go on the tracker web site https://www.bycmack.com/main_tracking.cfm any time after 1200 hours on Friday and check to see that your tracker is working. Verify that the tracker is working again Saturday morning.
- It is the Boat Owners or PIC's responsibility to make sure the tracker is returned to the Coal Docks on Mackinac Island after finishing or at Bayview Yacht Club by 17 July 2020. Mailing labels were provided if you unable to turn in, in person.
- Touch and Go Docking is located on the Arnold Coal Docks. The docks appear to be in excellent condition, and we have both sides of the dock. Please make sure you have appropriate bumpers and dock lines available before you approach the dock.
- Please make a courtesy call on VHF 68 letting the Bayview Port Huron to Mackinac Dock Master know your intentions.
- The dock master will NOT confirm finishes. Make sure you understand the definition of the finish and comply with the definition.
- I strongly encourage everyone to focus on the positive. We are racing when very few others are this season. Let's sail hard, have fun and stay safe.
- Stay Patient and Stay Flexible. The only known this year is there will be more changes.
I think I can finally say, See you at the Coal Docks on Mackinac Island!!
Chairman - 2020 Bayview Mackinac Race